Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Power of Beethoven

Wednesday was longer than usual today.

I made it through being not nearly as productive as yesterday, but it still has left me feeling ugh.

SO, I said NO to homework and instead wrote a letter, and am now listening to "Ludwig Van Beethoven Superhits."

This was the first CD I ever owned. My mom bought it for me and I listened non-stop. I even recorded the Morris family answering machine greeting over "Ode to Joy."

Once when I was in elementary school, I wanted to prove to my friend Dylan that classical music is not boring. I even tried to be sly and said, "Why don't you like classical music?" Hoping he'd say that it was boring, which he did, and then I played Turkish March from the Ruins of Athens on by great big pink boom box, "Can you say THIS is boring?" ... He didn't appreciate it...

Ode to Joy just played, and it still gives me goosebumps.

No matter what kind of mood I am in, Beethoven always manages to bring me up a couple notches.

... I wonder if I could get Bob to let us play the Ruins of Athens... Hmmm... That and Valdres and I would be forever contented.

I guess that's all I have to say about that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwxZoq8xuHA


No comments: