Monday, February 6, 2012

How do you support your Rock and Roll Life Style?

Ok... well. I guess it has been a while.

There are just so many things going on that I can never decide what to blog about... so I never do.

For example:

History Major's Senior Seminar on the year 1968 with Jacqui deVries that is the only thing standing between me and my History Degree... and the work for which I should be doing RIGHT NOW!!! I've already been slacking, and this class is important. Soon, I will start researching for my THIRTY PAGE PAPER. I plan on doing it on something relating to youth organizing, perhaps even in the Twin Cities (So I can use the History Center's archives!) and then of course adding a twist of sexual politics and gender roles. Woot!

An amazing winter break, spent at home in Ogilvie, dog sitting near Cedar Lake, and many nights in Anderson bonding with my rockin' Environmental House.

Speaking of Rocking... I've also been playing a band.
The Brass Messenger rehearsals went well, but I had not yet grown the balls necessary to rip up a solo at that point, and since giving their music back, they haven't said anything. Maybe, if nothing else, I'll be on their sub list, which is better than nothing.

Because of the Brass Messengers and my fan-dom, I got connected with a trombone player from another local band, which is also pretty great called Rocksteady Breakfast. I've rehearsed with them twice, and after practicing almost every day for two weeks, I spontaneously joined in at a show on Friday. "Playing shows is like drugs," Francis said, and after playing a couple songs that I actually knew, to a crowd of screaming fans... I'm hooked.

So yeah.
I'm a rock star.

Now I need to figure out how to keep rocking, AND get homework done.

No comments: