Thursday, May 10, 2012

Metamorphosis

I sit in the comfort of my Aunts' house, sipping my hard earned flex point bulk Pepsi with PRIDE, I don't care how much everyone judges me. On the Rocks.

My metamorphosis into an independent being is about to reach another phase today, for I shall leave the safe havens of family and plunge into a basement apartment with craigslist strangers.

Good thing they turned out to only be craigslist strangers by coincidence, and friends of a friend in actuality. I'm really excited, and I'll even have my dear Kathy with whom to share a bed. (Last night Nathan taught me the difference between who and whom. I think I got it right. I want to bring it back, because it's dramatic).

Yesterday was marvelous, and in spite of my initial qualms upon finding Uptownians to be too CLEAN, I think I will have a place there. Though it will be practically impossible not to spend all of my money. I rode my bike all around, stopping first at my new apartment to grab my backpack, then to an art store where I got myself a great present:

A new sketchbook.
3 new pencils, HB, 2H and 5H, Yum.
A gummy eraser
A sharpener
A Prismacolor marker pen for out lining

I then tried them out on a wildlife encyclopedia at the Uptown Library.

Then it was back to the Aunts' to regather. I thought of a FANTASTIC date, and then waited anxiously for Nathan to arrive.

We hastened to Lake Calhoun, and boarded the sailboat we at first thought we missed. There were fun people and a flamenco guitar. From there, it was tasty domestic brews at Williams Peanut Bar, and then romantic wine at Barbette.

As soon as I leave here, it will be a hustle and bustle... I suppose I'll be expected to socialize... and once Ani leaves, I should un pack, lest I live out of boxes until July like last year. How did Janelle handle it?

Then, Saturday morning, my mom and I go to missouri again.

No comments: