Monday, July 13, 2009

Hangin Out, Down the Street

It's Four in the morning, and I simply don't want to sleep. I am a bit unnerved because there isn't even the voice in the back of my head saying, "You should go to sleep!" Or any of that rubbish. It's four am, and I've been up since 8, with only a small nap before a grueling stretch at the Mall.

I just spent the last three hours watching That 70s Show episodes on line. I would still be watching them had they not stopped loading fast enough. ... I probably gave my computer a virus. Anyway, It was nice. It brought me back to high school without that painful twinge of nostalgia. It was GOOD nostalgia. I remember Alix talking about it behind me in class. She would talk about Jackie, and Hyde, and just how she was going to watch That 70s Show tonight.

I remember once, probably in small band, Betty said how they decided she was Jackie. She totally is. And in all her bitchiness, Jackie STILL reminds me of her.

Then, I don't even know when, but for a while my parents were big into it. For some reason they found the show hilarious, even my dad, so I got to watch it every night on barely viewable channel 29 without having to hide... until my dad lost interest, and my mother and I had to sneak episodes on the sly.

I remember having a HUGE crush on Eric Foreman. To me, he was the perfect boy friend. His and Donna's was the perfect relationship. Now, many years, and 5 first season episodes later... I am again in love with him. So in love that I sit at four in the morning enjoying the sweet sentimentality, while not yearning for days past.

*sigh

This blog is embarrassing.

No comments: