Saturday, September 19, 2009

Coffee and Jade Plants Mostly

I've been trying to write a blog since Tuesday the 8th, and each time, I start the same way, and each time, I give up after no more than two lines.

It is a Saturday. The first real, full, college Saturday of the semester, and I sit by myself on the couch, blogging, and waiting for someone to call me, or text me, or ANYTHING... Nope.

I got down on myself about this for a while, but then I decided that I don't want to approach anyone simply because I don't want to approach anyone!

I seized the evening, and reminded myself of the simple things I have to enjoy, like Holiday Station coffee in a Styrofoam cup, and my little jade plant which I love. I sorted laundry, demolished some piles, arranged my books... productivity? I have plenty of work to do, but it's Saturday. I will spend the rest of my night reading Cat's Cradle (!) and eating Ben and Jerry's. If I am going to be alone on a Saturday night, I am going to do it right!

I really wish I had more to say. School is great. I am happy. I have a weekend job with Dino's Gyros that I shamelessly enjoy. Books to read. Time. Knowledge.

ANI DIFRANCO TOMORROW!



No comments: