Sunday, March 28, 2010

Weekend in Review

Another weekend down.
This one was good. I worked pretty hard all week, and even did all the readings for deVries' class, AND practiced my trumpet.

My weekend started Thursday night when I went for a walk with Lizzie who I started getting to know on band tour. After our walk I went with her to Urness to hang out with some of her friends. We played Skip-bo. It was fun. It was also very very strange being in Urness. For nostalgia's sake I went down to the first floor and walked the hallway towards 103. SO MANY FLASHBACKS! Then I went down the stairs that I knew so well... I can't believe that was only a year ago.

Then on Friday I had a hard time getting out of bed, but I went to class, and right afterward I went to Uptown to visit Codey. Our plan was to go to a special coffee shop to get Kopi Luwak, which is a drink made from coffee beans that have traveled through the digestive track of a monkey.

Monkey poop coffee.

That didn't end up happening though because Visser didn't get there until after 6, and I was supposed to leave at 6 to make it to Jenny's birthday party. We watched 2 episodes of Ugly Betty, some bad Cartoon Network show, and then started watching "Cannibles the Musical." When Visser arrived, we dyed Codey's hair, and I tried to dye a piece of mine, but it didn't really work.

Then I got back to Augsburg and went to Jenny's room. The cake was already finished, and since Ben is from Cedar Falls, we watched the HUGE, Important Basketball game between Cedar Falls and Michigan State. Michigan won, but it was an intense game, and we were all cheering by the end. When the game finished, everyone went to the Rave at the Film studio, and I went back to my room.

Saturday was Jenny's actual birthday, so after eating brunch, Jenny, Ben, Caleb and I went to North East Minneapolis to explore. It is really cool there. We went to the Holy Land, and a couple thrift stores, and then for lunch we went to a place called Thai Noodle, where we ate delicious rice, and talked with our awesome waitress.

After lunch we went to Target and a party store, and then it was nap time. My two hour nap turned into a three and a half hour nap... but I eventually made it to Jenny's Birthday party. We played cards, listened to music, and went for a walk. In the end we all watched Repo the Genetic Opera and fell asleep. Good night!

Today was also fun filled. I went with Colin and Magnus to the Minneapolis Institute of Art because Colin had to do a worksheet for class. This time we got to spend a lot more time on the third floor, and I enjoyed it. My favorites were the Charles M. Russell paintings and his brass sculpture. Maybe that has to do with my current American West kick. I also found "Still Life With Pheasant and Plovers" By Monet, and spent some good time staring at Van Gogh's Olive Trees.

Yum.

As soon as I got back from that trip, I connected with Anna and we went for a walk down Franklin, and back around down by the river. We played on a play ground and talked about all kinds of things.

Exhausted from the walk, I took a nap until Erica came home, and then I came to the Honor's suite to do homework. Now I am going to bed.

No comments: