Saturday, August 28, 2010

American Gods

This post is to tell you how great a book, "American Gods" by Neil Gaiman is.

I am on page 372 of 588, and I don't think I have been this engrossed in a book of this size since the days of Redwall.

Usually, whenever I go somewhere, I bring my backpack, in which I keep everything I could possibly need in whatever situation of idleness or boredom. There's my journal, a wide selection of pens, letter paper, a sketch book, and a couple books to read for different moods.

Well, on the way back from Chicago, my leftovers leaked in my backpack, and I have yet to thoroughly clean it. Meanwhile, I am still out and about, but when it comes time to grab everything I could possibly need, I can just pick up American Gods and call it good. What else would I want? Nothing.

I am really happy that I will be able to have this book under my belt before school starts.

***Spoiler Warning***
Though it is just a speculation.

I THINK that Alison McGovern was taken as a sacrifice. Every year a kid has gone missing, and in winter. Why else would Lakeside be such a safe place for Shadow to be? Isn't Odin a winter guy?

Dun dun Dunnnnn!

Such a great book.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen, Lily. You have seen the light, and its first name is Neil.