Monday, June 1, 2009

The Auggie Days of Summer

Well Summer, you have arrived. With calendars reading "June First" there is no doubting your prescence. I am full of youth, and jubilance in the best possible season... and I am sitting in my pjs... alone... blogging at 7 in the evening.

I might eat a salad, but I know it's just boredom hunger. I will do my best to resist a box of macaroni and cheese. Today alone I have already killed a box of cereal and treated myself to a Pandabowl at lunch. Ah yes... Summer.

Kathleen's at work, Marrta has friends, Anna is sick and Lily... is suffering from boredom hunger. Really? Is that all my life is about? Read a book... draw a picture... stop whining!

Anyway... I have been pretty... sorta... busy in my job hunt. I have to be else I continue to face the scrutiny and judgment of my hard working room mates. Maybe they aren't actually judging me, but I still feel like a bum. Plus, having a job will not only put money in my empty pockets and bank accounts, but it will get me OUT OF THIS PLACE. I am still in the dissonant move in phase. I don't belong here. I am not welcome. I am an intruder and a hindrance. Mostly, I know that much of this is all in my head, but none the less, it is still an issue.

At night as I fall asleep, I dream of having my own apartment. Living ALONE and reclusive. Ah Yes! The glory of it! My own food, my own piles of laundry and dirty dishes, my own time, my own SPACE to do with whatever the hell I please. Mine.

The power to choose who visits for how long. Friends for Friend's sake! My own bloody life.

Of course, this dream is probably not realistic for a few more years. If I am lucky, I can get a studio apartment in Luther when I am a senior. After that, I am going to be poor and will probably have to shack up with room mates anyway... My plight is futile.

It will be better when I have a job. There are a lot of custodial positions available at Nickelodeon Universe, and on Wednesday, I have an interview for one of them. Both Marrta and Kathleen said something along the lines of, "Eeew," but I think it would be wonderful. Certainly not as fun and interactive as a ride attendant or something, but possibly perfect for me and my current interpersonal mood. (Thankyou Fund for the Public Interest for ruining me). I will have my job, and my tasks, which I will do, and get paid! Hooray! Minimal human contact. PLUS, I would get to go on rides for free when I wasn't working, and get something like 30% off at Caribou. As long as I don't have to clean up that much puke, it's ideal.

So... I thought canvassing would be ideal. Oops.

My name is also in at Seward Co-op, which would be close and hip, and if all else fails, my dad will hire me to do shop work for a couple weeks. I will prevail.

I hope to resist this Mac and Cheese urge a bit longer. Then I hope that Colin will rescue from my boredom with the wherabouts of a MOVIE NIGHT! HAHAHAHAHA!

1 comment:

Jennifer Salome said...

Hay, girrrrl.
I hope your quest for employment doesn't get you too down.
I miss ya.
And if you're ever bored enough, just give me a call, and we can chat about the ridiculousness of life and my current obsession with clove cigarettes.
I miss you terribly. <3