Wednesday, June 3, 2009

No clever titles today

I love coming on to the welcome page and seeing that even though it's summer, Auggie Bloggers keep on posting!

I guess it becomes habit.

I had a fun day yesterday. After reading a chapter of Watchmen (I am SO close to being finished) I finally went out to our garden plot and had a look. While most of the plots are all nice, square and filled with yummy compost, our plot is an open spot of dirt. Packed dirt. I went at it with a hoe yesterday until I realized that my efforts were futile. When Fred gets back today, he can use a shovel and really make it functional. Perhaps I can wear real shoes and use a shovel too! Then we can haul some compost, and PLANT THINGS! It would be great to get them in before I go to Michigan.

By the time I gave up in the garden I had blisters on each of my hands.

Earlier, I had texted Ali in an attempt to play some tennis, but she had a class and couldn't. So I consorted the enemy.

Though it is Ali and my quest to challenge and defeat the team of Smith-Stanhill in doubles... I contacted Colin, and he was more than willing to play. We must have played for about an hour, without keeping track of score or anything. I am pretty bad because I haven't played in a very long time. I will get better though.

Today I am sore.

After tennis, I made myself a small dinner. Colin called me and invited me to dinner with him and Fred at his dad's house. Keith Stanhill is a great cook and awesome person. I have only had the opportunity to spend time with him 3 times, and now he's moving to Arizona. I am not the only one who is going to miss him a lot though.

While Colin and I waited for Fred to get off of work, we wandered around outside, and wished we had a scrabble board. Then I accidently exploded a water balloon on Kathleen. Oops.

So yesterday was full and wonderful. Today I get to play tennis with Ali for real! And then I have a job interview at the mall. Cross your fingers. When I get back, Marrta and I are going grocery shopping, and then we're going to a war protest on Lake Street.

1 comment:

mac56 said...

Wow. This is new. How come I didn't know about this blog before? Where the hell have I been?! Out of touch..

Very cool. You inspire me.