Tuesday, June 16, 2009

This month I learned...

After scrambling to cover my tail, I here by resolve to be financially responsible. You know that "Transaction Register" they give you with your check book? I am going to USE it. Even when I use my check CARD. I know it's a wild prospect, but it will be good to me. It's not even noon yet, and I already feel like I accomplished enough for the day... So that means I can draw pictures, and play my trumpet, free of guilt before I go in to WORK TRAINING!

Gee Whiz... Life sure is coming together. It only took me ... a little more than a month of summer apartment living to figure it out. Let's reflect on what I have learned:

  • I have learned how to do my dishes after I make them dirty
  • I have learned how to live with people without conflict, and only a little awkward
  • I have learned what it really is like to have NO money
  • I have learned how to apply for real jobs, with real applications
  • I have learned that I can not be a political canvasser, even if it means my rent is paid
  • I have learned how wonderful it feels to be EMPLOYED
  • I have learned the importance of being financially responsible
Most of my lessons in this blog are financial, but that is important. One of those big deals they always talk about in college prep seminars. Again, I am glad my parents raised me the way they did. I am glad that I am learning these lessons on my own, as Lily Morris. Lots of things are making sense.

No comments: