Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summer

This summer...

I visited my Grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins in Missouri as soon as I was able to leave Augsburg. My Mom and I stayed a week.

I applied at the North West Company Fur Post to work as an interpreter. I did not get the job, the first rejection in my professional career. It works out though because I am busy enough as it is working for my dad with the pottery, and as Molly Morgan at KBEK.

Later in May, I went down with a bunch of my friends to Paul's family's lake house in Iowa. It was much fun; my muscles were sore for days from tubing and jet skiing. They are going down there again on the Fourth of July I think, but I will not. I have other plans!

Work for my dad has been fun. Visser comes up on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Last week, we fixed up the driveway by trimming all the tree branches away from it, as well as by filling in the pot holes with sand.

I really like being back at the radio station. It's a great job.

I've been spending a lot of time with Sara who is back from college in Superior, and Paul (not Iowa Paul). Last night, we went to see Robinhood in Mora. It was mediocre, but I like swords, horses, and costumes.

The Milaca Marching Band is currently the best in the State. I saw them at their first parade last week, and will see them tomorrow in Milaca! I wish I could be with them!

No comments: