Tuesday, September 7, 2010

FREE LAUNDRY

As a person who enjoys doing laundry, this is big news.

Gone are the days of watching my sock drawer grow scarce, while my laundry card remains barren.

!!!

And the machines are new too! They are very shiny, with light up buttons, and a detergent system that you pour from the outside. I also heard that they are especially energy efficient, which is even more awesome.

I am very excited.

~*~*~

I spent most of today with my amazing Augsem. We ate breakfast together, went to the opening convocation, and then went to the Minneapolis Indian Women's Resource Center. The MIWRC is a few blocks from Augsburg, and they provide many resources for American Indian women in this community. In particular, they provide help to single mothers, and victims of violence. Sal, the man who lead us in our service project, told us they recently spent a million and a half dollars fixing up their apartments which are rented out for rent based on wages.

Our job was to repaint the hallway and women's bathroom. It did not take us the whole time, and we had a good time getting to know eachother.

Later, I went to True Thai on Franklin with Colin because I felt like having one more splurge before classes start.

Erica and I filled out our roommate agreements. We are not going to have any problems.

I've spent the rest of the evening tidying, sorting and DOING LAUNDRY. I want to be all clean and organized as I begin my academic year.

No comments: