Wednesday, January 19, 2011

About what I said about posts in January...

Oops.

Classes started yesterday, and I am feeling really happy about being here, even though I've forgotten what I am supposed to do with "homework."

Later, I will read all about the splendid Alexander the Great, some excerpts from Conrad's "Heart of Darkness" which I really wanted to read last semester, and should have read over break because it related to Mary Kingsley, and finally chapter 2 of my Intro to Queer Studies book. Mmmm.

Today, as I waked from Oren back to the Enrollment Center (stay tuned), I felt awash with goodness, the same feeling I had nearly THREE years ago when I was still just fantasizing about being an Auggie in Minneapolis, but new and evolved and enriched. :)

I've gotten to know a lot of people, and I see many of them every day, and we say hi to each other!!!

So, my deal with the Enrollment Center was that I realized my Social Science requirement couldn't be filled by two Poli-Sci classes, so I had to enroll in... MICROECONOMICS at the last minute.

Yay.
(Not Yay).

On the bright side of that though, when I got to the classroom, my neighbor and Jazz band manager was there, so I sat next to him, and then some more people I knew came and sat by me. That's something I appreciate that I wouldn't have thought about 3 years ago. Sure, it goes along with being a small school, but how great is it to build relationships with people throughout your time here, on all different levels!

Ah yes.

Break finished up really well. I went to Duluth to spend some time with Rita, her Mom and Step-Dad, and my parents came up too. We walked 6 dogs by Lake Superior, and two fell in. Rita had to rescue them. Before she left, Rita visited me here in the City, and we went to Al's Breakfast over in Dinky Town which was one of her favorite places when she was in school at the U.

Then I rested.
Now, I am all confused because it's night time, and I am kind of sleepy and really just want to play on my computer and go to bed, but I think I should hit the library.

No comments: