Monday, January 31, 2011

Ice Cream

I am hiding in my room as Erica, Matt, Jack and Jenny are in the living room. I was reading Chinua Achebe's Things Fall Apart, and people came over just as I was finishing the assigned portion.

Then we went to Urness for ice cream. On the 9th floor we filled our bowls with ice cream, and then worked our way down, stopping on each floor getting toppings. Magdalen was on the 7th floor, and she gave us crushed Oreos. Thank you, Res Life!

I wanted to go to sleep long ago.

This weekend was fun. Friday was the All Nighter. I volunteered through all of it for Mary who helped organize it with ASAC. I helped make signs, handed out pop corn, and after Bo Burnum I helped clean up. It was a very rewarding experience, and I think I had more fun volunteering than I have had attending in the past. I also played Dodgeball. My team consisted of me, Steve and J-Steve, but then another Steve, and two others joined us. We played two matches and lost both, but it was still a lot of fun.

On Saturday, Erica and I went grocery shopping together for the first time. We ran into Alex on the way to Seward, and discussed dinner plans. I thought that I was exempt from the dinner at Ali's because I was going to Burlesque with Alan, but as it turned out Alan was going to dinner too, so I got to go after all. Alex made delicious squash ravioli, and Erica made a salad. From there, Alan and I went to Lili's Burlesk Review's Best of the Midwest for the Third year in a row, and it was, as always, magnificent.

Jazz band run out on Sunday morning, and after a whole day of sleeping, lounging and watching How I Met Your Mother, Jenny and I adventured to Dinkytown for tacos at Burrito Loco.

Then, I had a date to watch Requiem for a Dream. *Shudder

No comments: