Saturday, March 31, 2012

On a Friday Night...

Was what I was going to title my blog yesterday, after I returned from the ACTC Women's Studies Conference, and then set about doing all my homework.

Which I didn't. I found Cameron in a tree in the park, and then watched How I Met Your Mother until I fell asleep... after a particular roommate hurt my feelings in relation to my sex life. "Why are you a dick?" I asked. "That's just who I am." I seriously wonder how they can find fulfillment if their, "Who they are" consistently puts people down.

Then I realized, that by calling them, "a dick" I am feeding into the gendered oppression that I hate. How is it that I can feel ok calling someone a dick, while getting mad about words like bitch, or cunt? I look forward to leaving the safe bubble of college, and seeing what color my world will take.

So I went to bed feeling bad about myself.
And woke up feeling bad about myself.
Nathan and I were going to go on an adventure today, but because it was cloudy and cold, and I had my mom mad at me about sending grandma some sheet music, and I hadn't done any work the night before... I was not in a comfortable head space. Nathan, being the gloriously understanding human he is, told me to take care of myself, and then brought me a sandwich.

Unfortunately, I did not conquer the world after eating that sandwich... instead, I fell asleep for four hours... which I want to justify as, "Well, I must have needed it..." but... argh.

Anyway. The Women's Studies conference yesterday was amazing. I presented my Occupy Wall Street research, and met some really cool people.

My other goal this week was to get into the student juried art show... but I didn't see my painting left in the gallery... soooo... maybe entering is enough to check that off my list.

Ok. Now I am going to try to write about philosophy.

1 comment:

Jen said...

it seems like a lot of people are in some uncomfortable head space.

Let me know if you want to chill ever. I don't know if you think otherwise, but I'm not mad at you about Improv.

Meow.