Friday, October 15, 2010

Things that I don't have to learn how to do, which happen to be AWESOME

Speak English fluently and well.

Type on a keyboard.

READ.

I guess that is all.
It just struck me as I finished up my Mary Kingsley paper how good I am at typing, and when I thought about it, it's a pretty difficult thing to learn.

Remember when they'd put cardboard covers over your keyboards so you couldn't peek? And now we can pump out words without even thinking about where our fingers go. Mental_Floss has a quiz to see if you can identify places on a keyboard without cheating, I didn't do well, yet I can type like a champ.

And think, there are some people- most notably our parents- who didn't have to have cardboard things over their keyboards, they didn't even have keyboards and now they still type like chickens, if they even know where to start!

Mmm. 21st Century! Thank you for being my home.

No comments: