Friday, November 18, 2011

Call for Support

Friends, Comrades in the Struggle, Onlookers, Americans,

Hear me now.

As I sit in the secret "Brian Krohne" room, bracing myself for my first dive into the written leg of my paper(s), I seek encouragement.

Discouraged from the streets, I turn to the blogs. Remarkably clever writer for Al Jazeera, Danny Schechter reinforces my pessimism. "...for some, the novelty wears off," he writes. "Only the mass media keeps the democratic illusion alive, between commercials of course... But the US media prefers to dwell on the sensational rather than the analytical with more pandering coverage of GOP candidate Herman Cain's alleged sexual pecadilloes years ago than the deepening crisis that confront us today..."

*Sigh*

Yet, Don Hazen of AlterNet assures, "You can't fight hopes and dreams, or the need for jobs and a decent life, with pepper spray and police batons... We are a society that deserves and will in the end achieve something much better, more humane and more sane than we have now. ... So New Yorkers and protesters and their allies and friends across the country and globe: Take a deep breath. There is a long road ahead, but every day and every obstacle overcome leads to a better tomorrow. We just have to stay strong and refuse to take no for an answer."

Please, as I re-post this everywhere, I need as many of you as possible to reply with reasons why there still is a chance. That it is not about the sexists, and the power hungry, but rather unified voices and hope for a better world. What is your story?

2 comments:

Brian Krohne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brian Krohne said...

Why are you sitting in my secret room?