Sunday, November 13, 2011

Cedar-Riverside Homework Tour

Today's Cedar-Riverside Homework Tour began at approximately 1:30pm with a backpack laden walk to the intersection of Cedar and Riverside, where I enthusiastically entered Keefer Court Bakery and Cafe and ordered a long awaited chicken and pea-pod combo plate with fried rice, and two cream cheese puffs, accompanied by hot, jasmine tinted tea.

I only had time to read two pages of Steven Gregory's, "Devil Behind the Mirror" before my glorious platter arrived.

I ate all of it. Every last bit.

As I left, I got a coconut custard bun to be eaten as a reward if my next destination proves successful.

(THIS NEIGHBORHOOD IS WONDERFUL).

From Keefer Court, I crossed the street to Hard Times, where the atmosphere of Led Zeppelin, organic cuisine and house plants put me in a romantic mood.

Instead of writing pining tomes to my lover however, I must make a bibliography... which for me is almost as steamy.

Coffee I can almost chew, a coconut bun, squeedly classic rock electric guitar solos... !

I love it here.

Onward.

1 comment:

Stephina Suzzane said...

We have decided we are going to end this phase of the journey even more full of hope and even more committed to building a better America

Flights to New York
Cheap Flights to New York
Cheap Air Tickets to New York