Monday, November 28, 2011

One of many Rants

It seems appropriate that I find myself blogging more now that I am actually reading more blogs and discovering their potential.

I'm torn though, because I want to be an educated, vocal, revolutionary, feminist, blogger, and enter the conversations around the world...

But I also want to be a good Homemade blogger, and talk about how the spontaneous party in my room last Saturday ended with us all wrestling, leaving blood on the wall, and rug burn on my face.

I am loving my LIFE, I just can't write papers...

It was this very week last year that started my "downfall" (Depending on how you look at it). December 2, 2010: COLLEGE ROCKS. December 4, 2010: Woke up cuddled between Mary and Paul. Went to class. Slept till noon. Did nothing else.

Then I hit puberty.

Feminism and Women's Studies is great and terrible for this problem... because it addresses this problem exactly! The problem being, how do we live HUMAN lives in a HUMAN world that also expects us to behave like machines.

Grrrrr Industrial Revolution.

How do I be female bodied, and queerly cis-sexual, in a world where gender and sex screws with everything... significantly my trains of thought, where post-modern sexual expression, gender roles, career paths, and life choices are all mashed into one "Complicated" glob of personal/political discourse, that no one really understands?

Hey, y'all should follow my Tumblr: princelilykrakensnake.
It's fun.

No comments: