Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Good Vibrations

Today...

Wasn't as exciting as yesterday, though it was still pleasant. Although I had vowed to NOT be a lazy bum, staying in bed far too long day dreaming, I didn't emerge from my repose until eleven, Just in time to go to lunch.

We met Grandma, or "G-ma" as Claire claims the kids are saying these days, and Auntie Faye at Subway.

Then we went to the beach. We somehow got lost a little, and ended up going to a different beach, but it was still good. I basked. As I basked I read a significant portion of "Tuesdays with Morrie" which is a fantastic book. I had heard many things about it, but I'd never taken the suggestions seriously. Even when I first started it I was a bit skeptical thinking, "Silly sports writer wants to be sentimental..." But OH! It is great. I will probably finish it tonight, and I will probably sob my eyes out.

Next I am going to start Alan's copy of Shutter Babe, and if I keep up this pace, I'll have it finished by the time I get home! But I don't know if I can keep up this pace... Claire reads all the time, and she already finished a book she picked up from the library the day I got here. It makes me feel slow and dimwitted. Therefore I am inspired to read, Read, READ! It has been working out. I miss the Woodpecker...

*Sigh*

I was also able to write a page or so of a letter today, so that was satisfying.

I don't know what else we are going to do tonight. We will probably resign to watching movies again... like we have every night so far. I don't mind.

Claire went for a walk... I opted to be lazy and stay on the computer.

Tomorrow at 4 we go to Camp.

To be honest I am terrified.

No comments: