Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I am Freaking Awesome... Just look at my flair board

Today my friends, was a good day, so good, that it deserves to be written about in Purple.

Maybe even bold purple.

There we go.

Perfect.

To begin my fabulous day, I slept in far too late, took a delightful shower and then departed with Claire to Ann Arbor. Originally, we had wanted to go to the DIA, the Detroit Institute of Art, but it was CLOSED. Still feeling museumy, we decided to check out what there was in Ann Arbor. First we thought we'd go to the Children's hands on museum, but it looked too childish... and hands on... maybe someday. It inspired me to want to go to the Science Museum in Minnesota. We then continued our walk around Ann Arbor, stopping at a coffee shop, some bookstores and Urban Outfitters. We spent a good 40 minutes at Urban Outfitters looking at their books.

Would you rather: Be able to paint like Picasso, but smell strongly of raspberries, or be able to Compose like Mozart and have to wear super tight 80s pants?

I chose Mozart, but claire would rather smell like Raspberries. What could be better than sweet Composing skills and tight pants? I do not know.

Some other cool books they had included a "Wreck this Journal" and on each page it instructed you on how to wreck the journal (woah!) Pour coffee here, draw an angry scribble here, tear this page out, have someone destroy this page, draw a line while in motion... I thought it was great, and it would provide me with hours of fun. As would the doodle book, which provided you a start to a doodle, and instructed you on how to complete it: one bee, "Draw a swarm" a kid plugging his nose, "What smells" Does that not sound like fun? I think so.

Hours of fun.

We finally did come across the museum that I THINK was part of the University, but the real one was under construction, so it was just a small building with photographs. It was neat though, because the exhibit was from a photographer who took pictures in Mexico and California circa 1950. They used digital dye some how to make the pictures colored. Perhaps it doesn't sound so cool, but in my mind the 1950s were in black in white; everyone wore grey, duh! They also had some neat things in their gift shop.

Onward then we trudged, inspired by a "Drink Coca-Cola" Sign from one of the photos, we set out seeking an Ice Cold Coke. After going in a circle, we found Main street, and stopped at an Irish Pub for Coke. The Most Delicious Coke, I might add. We sat outside and observed a man who was reading a book. People watching is a great sport.

Finally, tired, hot, and blistered, we returned to Nathan's apartment. "Chingy" was there, and though I was frustrated with his behavior, Claire was surprizingly calm.

Luke Called and we decided to meet in Novi for dinner. I love Luke, he is spectacular, but being that I am socially inept around those I admire I was quite a downer... It was still enjoyable.

En Route, Ben (Auggie! Woot!) Texted me asking if I got my roomming assignments. It drove me wild. I called home, and talked to my mother, and told her to get the mail. She said that she would and call me back... AFTER DINNER I called her and asked what was up and she hadn't even gone to the mail box yet!!! INSANE!

I nearly hyperventillated. The anticipation was exhilarating. Kind of like when you have a crush on someone, so you stalk them, and they haven't a clue...

Or not... that's creepy.

I knew that all I could possibly find out was her name, and that doesn't say much... so I was contemplating, "Tiffany... Angela... Britney...Courtney..." Nothing against those names of course, it's just that in my mind they bear negative connotations. If you have one of those names, I bestow upon you the responsibility to redeem them.

Anyway... I called my mother back, and she told me the following information:

Urness Room 103.

FIRST FLOOR! Move in day is going to be so swell... unless of course "1" actually means the 11th floor. Then I would be sad. How many floors does Urness even have? Oh dear. Auntie Faye also said that the first floor wouldn't be good either because I'll have creepers at my window. Eek!

And My Room mate: Foua Thor. She doesn't even have facebook, so I know naught a thing about her! I e-mailed her, but because I only heard her e-mail over the phone, I don't know if it's correct. I also have her phone number, but I am going to save the awkward phone conversation until it becomes very urgent. We're going to have to go shopping, and plan, and OOH! IT's so exciting. I will get more gung ho once I get home.

I think "Gung Ho" means team work... but... it seems appropriate.

So there. That is my fabulous day. Once we got home we have both been lame just sitting here on facebook... though I must say it was nice talking to Josh... via facebook ofcourse. Now... Now we still sit... running our batteries low...

X-Men is Rented, and though it's late, I do hope I can finally get my Wolverine fix after my whole experience at camp!

Oh, and by the way, Check out my flair board. It really is awesome.

No comments: