Sunday, November 9, 2008

Electric Boogie, Boogie On!

As my Facebook status officially proclaims, I am a Glam Goddess. Next Friday is "Glitterball 2.0" an AIDS awareness benefit concert with live glam bands, music by Queen, David Bowie and T.Rex, and a showing of "Velvet Goldmine" featuring Ewan McGregor, Johnathan Rhyes-Meyers and Christian Bale... GLAM. In preparation for the event, I met Jenny at the Mall of America and we shopped. In retrospect I know I spent far too much money, but I think it just might be worth it.

At Ragstock I bought a sequened silver dress that falls just above my knees, and YELLOW plether go-go boots. I also got a yellow belt and hoop earrings to tie it all together. I am pretty concerned about having to walk to Dinkytown in my attire, especially since it is FREEZING, but I am sure it will all be worth it.

So that's how I wasted my precious time all day today.

I wanted to buy a 2009 Calendar, but I couldn't decide between Bunnies, Einstein, VanGogh and Lost. Both Jenny and my father shot down the bunnies, and I am hesitant to get Einstein or VanGogh because of the posters I just bought... I've got two months. It will be hard to top the Ugly Betty Calendar of 2008.

They are putting up the bubble over the football field. If I didn't know what it was I would be very afraid.

Next door they are watching the Two Towers... I cannot join them, and to add to my suffering, I can HEAR it through the wall... it isn't like I haven't seen it before...

I need to study for the my World Politics Exam. That is what I had been doing before coming here to get some kind of food in my belly, and now I need to take action again. I don't want to go back to the library because it is cold and lonely there, so I think I am going to go out into the first floor lobby, because that has worked in the past. I need to work on my work ethic.

Good thing I started early.

No comments: