Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Third Floor of the Library is Dangerous!

I need to remember not to come here if I need to study seriously. I've been here a few times before, to use the study rooms, and just a couple days ago to grab some books on Beirut... I guess the thought might have crossed my mind that there would be a whole floor dedicated to HISTORY... but... you know... whatever...

Wait, what?

From where I sit I am being stared down by, "The Cold War," "The Soviet Bloc; Unity and Conflict,"The Purge," "Years of Infamy," and "Hitler's Death Camp." Just today I was going to talk to Gus about there ever being a class just about World Wars I or II.

I can't focus...

As I walked in, I passed a whole shelf full of the Tudors, in front of me is a shelf full of France, who KNOWS what else is up here! Gazing down the aisles is almost a meditative experience. To just imagine all the words in those books, and what those words are telling... ALL that information? That HISTORY? OMG!

I'm glad I'm a nerd.

I want to read everything in these books. I want to know all about everything that has ever happened... Ever.

Ok, so that's a bit much. Certainly many of these books repeat themselves, and plenty more probably just reiterate basic information... so there really is hope for me to learn everything, without reading all the books on the third floor.

It's not like I have time to read anyway. I was really looking forward to finishing Twilight this week, and then to even try to finish The Secret History over break, but I don't think either of those are in my future. I have to read an insane amount for World Politics, because I haven't been due to the Simulation, and there's still The Freedom of a Christian and Night for Quanbeck... That's my break. :)

Not too bad I guess. I am really caught up, and I never thought that would happen... of course "Caught up" really just means I am not as behind as before... but still, it feels good.

Anyway, enough of that.
I don't want to spend much more time here, because I need to print off and highlight my rant filled Crockett paper, BUT we watched the Honor's video last night.

I remember reading Ali's blog last year, and I remember her saying how weird it was to watch us those first couple, "Get to know you" days. We watched the silly games we played, and how awkward we were with eachother. How strange to think that we were all so NEW just a couple months ago! NOW, we know everyone's names, we are friends, and we are all so familiar! I am really sad that that is done.

... Or is it?

No comments: