Monday, November 17, 2008

Happiness is a warm gun?

I feel like I look really cool today. I look like a college student. A really preppy, prudish college student. I like it.

My Grandma sent me a box full of sweaters. AWESOME Sweaters, because I told her that I didn't have enough and that I was cold. Right now I am wearing a white knit turtleneck sweater with my hair down, blue jeans and green converse. Technically, to complete the aura, I should be wearing slacks, but I have none. I told my mom about my box of sweaters, and my hat and gloves, and she told me that I "Got her present!" I guess sweaters, hats, and gloves are THE present that she would get each year. Part of that is what makes me happy; that as I go through my day wearing my knit sweater and jeans, that a collegiate MOTHER of mine could have been walking about just as I, attired in a similar fashion. :) Or maybe Helen Holm from Garp... only she'd be wearing slacks... Jenny from Forrest Gump, Lucy from Across the Universe... Hmm... am I seeing a familiar trend?

ALSO, this morning with my mostly wool pea-coat (is that what they are called?) and white sweater, I looked really serious. I liked it. Kind of how last night in my black concert out fit, I looked like I could have been a lawyer.

Our first band concert last night was really good. THe first half was definitely better, but it was a great, painless concert. I felt like I did a good job, and that I will only keep getting better. No more band until next semester now, and that really bums me out. I really look forward to it on band days... but it's not like I don't still have Jazz band and Brass Chamber. I think I'll make it.

We register tomorrow for second semester classes. I am still pretty torn between foundations of Women's studies, and a biology lab. THe latter of which I'll have to take to graduate eventually, so why not get it out of the way? But Women's studies would be a fun class, and it is a prerequisite for other classes I'll want to take in the future anyway... SO...

Hmph.

I have until tomorrow.

The Marching Band Concert was by solid definition, BANDGASMIC. MMMMmMMmMMMmM! Everything was so clean and precise! AMAZING! AND I got to see Codey at intermission. It has been months since I've seen him, and gee do I love that boy.

The Exterminator is coming today. I really don't want them to. I drew a sad mouse on our white board.

LAST Scholar Citizen practice tonight!

For now, I am off to get some caffeine, and read because I am terribly behind.


Vote in my calendar poll. I need to know.

No comments: