Thursday, November 20, 2008

My Kind of Thanksgiving!

One of the reasons why "Volunteering" is listed as one of my activities/interests on facebook is because you almost ALWAYS get fed.

It's true. Knock on doors for three hours, free pop and pizza. Hold chicks and answer questions for four hours, get free food tickets, hold snakes and answer questions, free breakfast, Dish out turkey and pumpkin pie at a Multi-ethnic Thanksgiving, get the biggest plate of AWESOME food you've ever had.

Maybe it is because I hadn't eaten all day, but the whole experience was a blast.

Today in History, Britni my RA was sitting behind me. She asked what I was doing this evening, and I said, "Nothing" Because if you don't count the hours of reading I still should do, it's true. She then told me about Turkey Palooza that Campus Kitchens was doing over at the Brian Coyle center, and she wanted to know if I would like to go with her for a couple hours. I said that I would, because I think it is physically impossible for me to say no to people.

At Four Forty she and I went to Anderson, and from there we walked IN THE COLD to the Brian Coyle Center.

Laura, Ryan and I stationed ourselves at the "Traditional Thanksgiving" table. The Turkey ran out fast, so I scooped pie after a while. We were at the end of the line so no one really wanted our food because their plates were full. It wasn't long at all until just about everyone had gone through, and we could get food. There wasn't much left, but it was DELICIOUS. Some of the spices reminded me of our Jamaican Thanksgivings, and it made me really excited for next Thursday.

Not to mention the overall good feeling I get from Volunteering!

It's almost Eight. Britni invited me to a Seminar that some of her friends are putting on... it's in eight minutes... Maybe I'll go. It's about Sex. Who doesn't like learning about sex?

I should also be writing my Crockett paper, and catching up in Religion... but... sex!

Tee hee.

No comments: