Sunday, November 9, 2008

Long Underwear!!!

I love long underwear. Yes, Yes I do! My room is an icebox. I was just over in Katie's room and it was nice and cozy, I come back to my room, try to turn on my heat, and nothing happens. Not to mention my window that drafts something awful. I'm not too concerned for now, I've got my many blankets, and layered pajamas. Did I mention I LOVE long underwear? Because I do.

Today was a glorious day in Augsburgland. The sky was a cold white all day, with light snow falling peacefully. It made me happy, even though it was freezing. Kathleen and I did some studying until I got hungry. I called my mom on my way back from my Jimmy John's lunch and asked her to mail me every wool sock, scarf, hat, mitten and glove that I have ever owned. It's FREEZING.

Not long after that Andrew called and we went over to Dinkytown. I wore layers of tights, and stockings, and was actually quite cozy. We drank some kind of orchid black tea. It's description said it was "exotic," "seductive," "mellow," and "poetic." It was good, floral, but just enough to take off the edge of the black tea.

When I got back I called Ms. Swenson to tell her how I saw the Secret life of Bees last night. ... LAST NIGHT it was Friday, and everyone was off doing things, so Elisabeth and I went to block E. It was well worth it. I had read the Secret Life of Bees in 10th grade because Ms. Swenson told me that I should. I remember LOVING it, so I was excited for the movie. I even think that Dakota Fanning really pulled off the role of Lily quite well. I expect great things for her. Ms. Swenson and I also talked of college, and the election. Apparently, when she came to school with her "I voted" sticker, a student asked, "Who did you vote for?" and she replied, "I'm not going to tell you that." To which another student responded, "I bet she voted for Obama." And then ANOTHER kid said, "No WHITE person is going to vote for Barack Obama!" Argument ensued.

Ogilvie anyone? Tim Faust won by 300 votes, which is extraordinary, yet in our district McCain won, and the school referendum DIDN'T PASS! I hope that maybe it will in the spring, because it would make me really sad to see Ogilvie Schools get consolodated with Mora and Milaca.

After talking to Ms. Swenson, I called my grandma in Missouri. It's funny because I never used to talk to her that much, and now it seems like I talk to her very often! She is going to mail me some sweaters. I'm pretty excited. I'm also getting a new cousin... from ... Haiti? I forgot where she said. That means that Liz is going to have FIVE kids running around! AAA!

I'm really hungry.

I ran into Andrew again after that and we went over to Katie's room to watch The Fellowship of the Ring. I consider myself a pretty big LOTR geek, even though I haven't read the books, but I felt inferior to the others... Watching it brought back a lot of fond nostalgia. Me and my parents watching it 11 times in theaters alone. Falling in love with Orlando Bloom (first celebrity crush). Midnight showings. OBSESSION. The fight scenes also made me miss Redwall. Maybe when I go home for winter break I'll actually read Triss, or maybe I'll re-read a good one like Mariel of Redwall, or Martin the Warrior... and then maybe my love for medieval nerd-dom will be re kindled and... it will be happy.

Soua is gone this weekend. I never really thought about this before, but I really miss her. Even though she's never here, I always know that she will be, and she is in the morning... now I am all by myself! Funny how that works. When she gets back we need to rearrainge our room, because it's really bringing me down. Everyone else has really cool, well put together, FUN rooms... and ours? Is lame. I think we should bunk the beds, and get a couch. I finally broke down and bought the posters of Einstein and Starry Night. That will make the room more fun too.

What's even MORE fun is that we share the room with MICE! Awesome, I know! I really don't mind. They keep to themselves, and don't bother us... however, they did eat TWO bags of M&Ms. Britni says we'll have to put in a work request, and then they'll need to bring in an exterminater... and that just sounds like too much work. Why can't we live in peace?

Tomorrow is going to be a full Sunday. I need to study my little tail off, and I'm really not looking forward to it. Boo Hoo.

No comments: