Friday, November 14, 2008

P-e-p B-a-n-d Pep Band Pep Band!

I really shouldn't be typing in my freshly (poorly) painted fingernails. They are yellow to go with my sweet out fit for tomorrow. I can't believe we're actually going! Only Sara told her friend that David Bowie was actually going to be there. Now I feel bad.

It is really late, but I had two big glasses of Coke at ten, so that's probably why I am still awake. Day three with no Facebook. It's starting to not bother me as much. I just check my email and blog more.

(I think that after my nails are yellow, I am going to paint them a dark color like they were at summer camp... that was fun.)

So, today was a full Thursday, like any Thursday. We got out of Quanbeck's class early so we could eat before Augsem. AUGSEM! We left a little after 11:30 to go to the Temple Israel in Uptown. To Andrew's (creepy) delight we got to ride in Quanbeck's SUV. I will admit that that was pretty cool.

The Temple Israel is a Reform Synagogue. You can tell because "Temple" is in the name. It is a beautiful building, and inside we sat as our guide explained what it means to be a Reform Jew here in Minneapolis. Even though we've been learning a lot in class, just like going to the Mosque, there was so much more of an impact actually being there. I've discovered that I really love Religion. Perhaps even enough to seriously consider a Religion Minor. I love the complexities of it all, and how in the end EVERYONE just wants to Love, and be Loved. I can dig that. Judaism is really neat, and I want to learn more!

I got back from Augsem with barely enough time to make it to History, where I took an exam and revelled in my own splendor. THere were some questions that I answered in a bland fashion, but on the questions I did know, which was a lot, I KICKED BUTT. Seriously, I rocked that Exam. I keep telling myself this... and I hope it proves at least a little bit true.

I AM A HISTORY MAJOR! AAAAA! HISTORY!

Sorry. Even the word: H I S T O R Y. It looks so grand! So Noble. Heavy. Vital. MmmmMMM!

What am I going to do with it?
Be Awesome. Duh.

No. I am going to grow up to be Donald Gustafson.

It will be fabulous.

From History, I left pumped, checked my mail, got my two new posters, celebrated my victory with some people, and then went to Jazz Band, which I also think I am conquering. Of course there are some parts on a few songs that I botch or simply don't play, but overall I pretty much rock Fourth Trumpet.

I did some math today, and IF I practice just thirty minutes a day, then I play my trumpet for 2 hours total EVERY DAY. MORE on Mondays. How cool is that? I wonder if I'd have to take Music Theory to be a music minor...

After Jazz band I ate a very unfortunate dinner, and went to the METRODOME for pep band. Sad story: The entire Pep Band ALONG with ALL it's equipment could fit into ONE elevator. ONE! We took up a tiny two rows of seats, and probably couldn't be heard. It was pretty weak... Then the football players lost.
Boo.

(Stupid fingernail just ate a paragraph)

We ate at Davanni's after. We were obnoxious.

We didn't finish eating until after ten thirty, at which time I went to the Library to find Andrew, which I did. He was working on his Religion project (WHO was pope during World War 1? Pope Benedict XVI of course... WWII? Pius IX. I might have the numbers mixed up... but it's fun to know... or at least feel like I know.) I read Crockett's paper. THough I didn't take notes, I wish I had, but I still look forward to discussing it tomorrow.

Being in Honors is probably the best thing ever. On SO many levels. I can't wait to see what it's going to do to me in four years!

I should sleep. It is past one and I have a big day tomorrow. I'm listening to the Velvet Goldmine Soundtrack and getting pumped to see Ewan McGregor's glittered body. I REALLY hope that Glitterball is as good as it looks.

LAST DAY OF BAND TOMORROW! SAD!

No comments: