Sunday, November 23, 2008

Good morning starshine, the Earth says Hello!

It's before Noon on a Sunday... why am I out of bed? Especially after being up until two last night?!

This does not compute.

I am grateful though, that it adds a couple more precious hours into my day.

Last night marked the end of the 2008 Honors production. It went SO well, but now it's over. All those hours of practicing, and planning... the laughter and frustrated roars... over. I am really going to miss my sexy table dance, but more than that I am going to miss the comraderie of my fellow Honors students. I was in an amazing group, with extraordinary people, and now we aren't going to see as much of eachother.

I suppose we'll occaisionally sit an elitist Honors table at dinner, but that's going to be it. I have to keep reminding myself that this is only our first year, that there are three and a half left, and in that time many great things will happen, and friendships will be made.

However, I worry about myself, who would rather hole up in her room on weekends than hang out with her friends... much less make new ones.

Our play was last, so that left plenty of time for the nerves to get wound up, but once we got out there, everything went smoothly, and the crowd loved it.

Andrew Shaved his head so he could look more like Bert. It's ridiculous.

The After Party was pretty low-key. We spent a very long time playing catchphrase, which SOMEHOW evolved into STRIP catchphrase (Don't worry, no one was naked!) When that dispersed a few of us went to Julie and Laura's room and watched a movie that Andrew made. Then, for who knows how long we just sat around doing "Would you rathers." It was very ... special. :)

At the CCHP I was asked-when worrying about the future- what it's going to be that I will look back on and say, "I wish I would have done that in college," and you know, there is nothing. I am doing everything I'd dreamed of doing! This is the college all my hopes and aspirations has created.

I am discovering who I am, as corny as that sounds. I know that some things aren't as glorious as my fantasies portrayed, and that it's OK not to enjoy doing them. I know that I'm growing up, and away from Ogilvie, Minnesota. I still don't know what's next, but that's ok. I still like reading books, even though I've discovered that I am a comparatively slow reader. I still like watching movies when I have time. I am still, if not more so annoyingly optimistic and bubbly. I am, more than ever before, Lily Morris.

It really is a great feeling.

No comments: