Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Easily Distracted

I just wasted a massive amount of time defending Stalingrad. All I did was type in Stalingrad to google to do research for History today... and on freeonlinegames.com there it was. I think the furthest I got was to level 5. So much skill... strategy... blood and vinegar. Someday I will be strong enough to keep those German forces (Under Paulus) away!!!

Whenever I think of Turrets I think of Garp, and that makes me happy.

...Arp...

It has been a while since my last blog, and in that time a lot has happened, considering the long weekend away from fast internet.

I came home on Wednesday to a completely re arrainged house. Even my room has been turned into a study of sorts... the bed only in there still because I will be coming back over the summer... which was something I hadn't planned on doing, but what my MOM talked me into!

My room is "clean" by Morris standards now... but... it's still such a difference from my dorm. My dorm is not full of dog and cat hair, and dust. Yuck. I felt like such an outsider... and that worries me. Am I detattaching from my bohemian upbringing? OH NO!

Thanksgiving itself wasn't that exciting. We went to Rick and Evadne's, and had a very traditional meal. I had been looking forward to curry and goat stomach! Nope. Just turkey and ham. We left from there early so I could get to Kbek and work. That was nice, I really like it there. Friday was slow, and I worked again in the evening, and on Saturday I was social.

Sara picked me and Savannah up, and we drove to Megan's house. From there we went to Cambridge and saw TWILIGHT! Yay! I liked it even more the second time, and I really can't wait until break to finish the book. It was great to be back with Megan, Sara and Savannah again. Afterwards we went to Pizza Hut, and then made a side trip to the health foods store to see if Charlie was working.

"Charlie?" Megan and Savannah inquire.
"You'll See," replies Lily and Sara.

And oh we saw! Ok... I just realized how much of a creeper this makes me. Yes I went to the Co-op to see a boy... and just see... god forbid we actualy talk to him! Yes I know his name, and yes, I just showed my friends.

Forgive me.

Ha!

Back at Megan's we played Bananagrams, and my first word was "Storge." I felt learned.

Then Sara brought me and Savannah home. In my drive way, in Sara's car, listening to the last track of Avenue Q, it felt like Marching band again.

Work. Again. Nicole visited me and showed me all the boys she's talked to, and told me about how awesome they all are. I really didn't care. I had just found out about Katie and was not in the mood to talk about boys, muchless Nicole's boys.

So I sulked.

When she finally left 3 hours later, Scott came and I whined to him. I feel bad because I always just whine with him, but he always makes me feel better.

Then he let me go home early. AT home I was still really bummed out about everything, and I couldn't sleep, so I took a bath and watched an episode of Ugly Betty Season 2. That calmed me down enough to be able to fall asleep.

Sunday I came back. Ali and Mitch gave me a ride. I like being back.

It has been a somber couple days around here though. Katie was a big part of Augsburg and the Honor's program. She really was an all around amazing person, and even though I never got to know her, she had impacted my life, and the lives of my friends. I feel strangely detattched from it all. She'll be back, you just wait.

And Josh Called last night, because I told him to. A "ten minute" conversation lasted an hour and a half. There was some anger, but in all, it was closure. Maybe I am not ready to move on yet, but I feel that a lot was said, and it was powerful.

I am going to be ok.

No comments: