Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Updates from the Lindell Front

As I slam back 6.5 fluid ounces of Starbucks Double shot that is the consistency of whipping cream, and that tastes strangely of bacon, I feel that I must document my time here. Here in the vortex of knowledge. Not the third floor, that is where all the cool knowledge accumulates before it ascends to the heavans... No, I am in the basement, the foundation, the core.

Sorry if this color is hard to read. I am feeling yellow.

I must remember not to drink my Naked Juice too fast... last time I did that I felt ill afterwards... *deep breath* this is it.

My first final was today, and I didn't run my morning as I would have liked. My alarm went off at six forty, but I didn't turn the snooze off until after seven when I decided that I'd just go to breakfast after eight... at eight, I decided that it would be ok for me to sleep until nine, I'll skip breakfast, and at nine, I might as well stay in bed until nine thirty... who needs food and hygiene anyway?

So I got up, brushed my teeth, dressed for war, and went to the first floor lounge to study with Britni. It was nice to review with her, and just brush up on the things from the other tests. Towards eleven I finally did shower, redressed for war, and went to lunch.

After lunch it was my Jury. I went right after Matt who was amazing, and I felt like such a first year. My tone is good, it always has been, but for some reason I didn't feel like I nailed it. All Bob had to say was that, "Your sound is getting better and that that is why you am here..." Shoot.
Spring Jury will be better. I will get a better piece, and and I will rock it so hard. SO HARD!

THen I ran back to my room to get my pen. Of course I could have mooched a pen from someone else, but I felt that I should be at my absolute best, and if that means that I will be writing with a black Pilot Precise V5, of perfect heft and calibur, then dangit, I'd better go back and get it.

Going into the exam I wasn't stressed. I hadn't read up on the Cold War like I should have, but at that point it was out of my control. Sure, I could have studied more, but I didn't, and being that there is nothing I could do about it, I went onward.

The test was easy. Yes, some terms and people escaped me, but Gus knows that that happens. I am about as confident as I was about my last exam... that one wasn't the greatest, but it was still ok, and I still love that class. Yay.

Instead of studying with Kathy and Katia for World Politics afterwards I went with Kathleen to the bank and to Perkins... Irresponsible? Probably. Enjoyable? For sure.

Now I am here. "Premium Coffee Drink" In my veins, some yummy Naked Juice to my right, a mounds bar to my left, and the Scholar Citizen writing prompt on a green post-it above my lappy. I am not the only one who isn't finished. I know where I am going with it, and if I can get it all out tonight, I will have time tomorrow to refine it and catch the "gremlins." Becki (who I talked to earlier to make sure she knew that I didn't hate her) said that she really didn't put much into her last paper... I am going to put what I can into it, and hopefully I won't fill it with too much fluff like last time. I should be ok... but I doubt that I am going to want to study for World Politics after this. (Score: I mentioned the Maastrict treaty in one of my History Essays! We never mentioned it in that class, but I used it! Heck yes!)

No comments: