Friday, December 5, 2008

I want a Norwegian Sweater

I am having a hard time feeling like doing anything. It's weird. This morning when I got (late) I caffeinated myself and went to my two morning classes. I loved the classes, and and was feeling good about myself, but as soon as I got back to my room, the glumness that has been about me recently settled in again.

Now I am feeling ill, and mad that I put on makeup, because now it looks bad and my eyes sting.

It's also making me angry how bad I am being at typing, and everytime I have to hit the backspace key I want to throw something that much more.

My eyes hurt and I am hostile. Heck yes.

Vespers later... kind of soon actually. Soon enough that I feel like it would be a waste to actually start something... but what am I going to do between now and then? I WISH MY EYES DIDN'T HURT! Even if I tried to wash them off, I'd still have awesome raccoon marks and, then they'd be all squinty and mad.

A "wow" (to regress to my Community Center Dream Girls days) Would be Velcommen Jul. I went to that with Marrta and some others and it was fun. The more I learn about Scandanavia, the prouder I get, and the more enamoured I am with it. Did you know that it was the Finns that invented the Molotov Cocktail? Well, they did. I want a Norwegian sweater.

I sat with a lady at the lunch thing afterwards, and she told me all about food, and the sweaters that you buy in Norway aren't really made in Norway. They are actually made with Norwegian wool in Korea, and then sent back to Norway. Upsetting.

Last night I went to the Drag show. I wasn't expecting it to be that BIG of a deal, but it was amazing! They actually had girls AND boys from the Gay 90s, and the amateurs in the contest were really good! Like I said, NOT what I was expecting. Scott and I were in a discussion once about how drag shows are degrading. Here are men dressing up how THEY think of women. In that sense they are making fun of Women. I can see how that would be if the makeup was really exaggerated, with bad hair and over generalized outfits, but the girls last night were really HOT! So I actually think it celebrates femininity. Scott continues to argue that it is demeaning saying, If someone was really good at black face, would that make it any less wrong?" Any thoughts?

I really need to wash this stupid make up off my face before I punch someone.

It sucks being this crabby, but I almost don't want to do anything about it.

No comments: