Wednesday, January 28, 2009

20th Century Corporate Values lead to a Depression...

With temperatures reaching highs in the upper teens, it feels as if winter is loosening her harsh grip upon us...

But these hopes are futile knowing that it is but January, with the days of February and March yet to come. With this in mind though, there is hope as well, just as Thursday summons Friday, February brings March.

March being bitter and cold, often the longest and most miserable of winter months, also bears us into April.

Muddy, wet, volatile April. It may not be pleasant, but it is spring time all the same.

If the school year was a week, we'd be now coming into Wednesday evening.

My hopes and plans for efficiency were thwarted from the start. Not only did I not read the promised ten pages of the Flivver King last night... but I stayed in bed until eight, an abhorable action. I still managed to finish the reading before class, but it didn't get me any further in the Odyssey. After class I went to the Library for an hour until I got too hungry to focus, I got a sandwich at Nabo, ate it along with a cup of Sierra Mist (I pretend that it's Limonad and that I'm French), and then went into an Oren Study room for a little change of scenery. The scenery was wonderful! For after pulling two comfy chairs together to rest my legs, I proptly fell to dreaming. I dreamed for an hour until I was awoken by my own snoring.

"Efficient" is not a word to describe today's behavior.

I have since made many attempts to finish the reading, but each has only left me frustrated, so I am now passing time until Band. Oh Lovely band!

I bought a couple three ring binders from the book store today, and I just sorted my Women's studies into one. I like being organized. It is especially fun because the binder is purple to match the folder I got, AND it has dragon flies on it, with "Augsburg College" written in girly letters at the bottom.

... Or not "girly" I shouldn't be projecting genders upon it...

Anyway. My second student Senate meeting takes place tonight! Megan said there are some "things we can talk about about the minutes..." Wish me luck!

Also, the pictures I took from the Lunar New Year have been posted on Homemade's flikr site! They actually turned out pretty cool! You can get to them by going to one of Ali's most recent posts, or from the Homemade website itself!

No comments: