Friday, January 16, 2009

Ah, Solitude

Ah Friday...
I can't believe that it is here already, yet it feels that I have been here forever.
Since getting back I have been running a rigorous schedule in which I wake up every morning at 7am, eat breakfast, sit in front of the CCHP Light, go to class, and then read all night. I have also been exercising every other day... which at this point only means once on Monday and Wednesday.

After Monday's workout session I wanted to write a blog post about New Year's Resolutions, and other reasons I am a beast, because that is how I felt. I felt awesome about all the cool stuff I'd done that day... but I was too exhausted, and I don't think my lappy would connect to the internet.

My classes today were done at 12, and I ate lunch with the "family." I was able to because I slept through breakfast. Then when I came back to my wonderful dorm Soua and I raised my bed up, and put my dresser underneath it. We also moved the fridge to where my dresser was so we now have a "kitchen." Our dishes are on top of the fridge now, and when I get my coffee pot that's where I am going to put it.

Mmmm Coffee...

I am happy with how the room looks now. I like change.

Since getting back here, I haven't left my room. I read one essay in the Women's Studies text, and then filled out a silly thing on facebook. It was the one where you put in songs at random into the questions. My favorite was, "What do you like in a boy or a girl?" and the response, "Caring is Creepy" by the Shins. Hahaha! I like chilling by myself. Yum.

I am going to slowly work through my readings for next week, but I think I deserve this recharge time, because I have been working non-stop since Monday. This is what I need to do to not have a melt down... right? I hope so. I don't want to have any melt-downs.

Another thing I am trying to do this semester/year is to remember the relationship that I have with my Education. My mom told me to write a manifesto... I should do that. Anyway, I haven't been thinking about any romantic relationships at all, and I think that might be part of my ability to get SO MUCH DONE! ahahaha! I will try to keep that up as well.

Anything I can do to do my absolute best in every class must be done.

My favorite class so far I think is Women's studies. It makes me feel good.

And with that, I am going to leave on feminist rant from this morning:

I was in the bathroom and the radio was on 101.3 really loud, the morning crew, or whatever they call themselves was having their, "hot topics." The question was, "How many people can a woman have slept with before it's 'too many?'"

The main guy, Dave (I think) said, "Ten to Fifteen." He went on to say something along the lines of, "If you had your slut days, or if you're a recovering slut, we don't want to hear about it."

"Well Dave, how many women have you slept with?" One of the other Djs asked.
"70."

Seventy women without shame.
What gives him the right to have had sex with SEVENTY women, and talk of "Recovering Sluts?"

I believe that my anger is justified.

That is all.

No comments: