Monday, January 26, 2009

As much as I'd like it to be, the library is not my nest

/groan/stretch...

I just fell asleep in the library, and it's safe to say that the act was premeditated. I've done it before. I woke up BEFORE seven, got out of bed at ten after, finished breakfast far too early, and then came to library. I finished book four of the Odyssey, realizing just how far behind I am, and then I pushed two of the comfy-ish chairs together and took a snooze... an hour later I forced myself to regain consciousness. Now I am here feeling unmotivated and frustrated with myself.

I don't have time for library naps, however delightful they feel! Especially when I am STILL only on book five of the Odyseey, when I need to be on book 12, which is at least an inch away. Plus that rough draft, and making connections... it's not that bad. I'll stop whining, but I am still angry that I am so tired and easily tempted by sleep and pleasure.

Last night Jenny drug me to the gym because I told her to. I told her because I didn't feel up to it at ALL, but I knew that once I got there it would be good. We worked out for about an hour, doing the bike machine, tread mill, eliptical, and a couple new weight machines. My calves are getting massive again, just like they looked when I was young and rode my bike all the time, or when I was in marching band. Today my arms are a bit sore.

Before that, I ate dinner, and before THAT I finished guide training. I am an Auggie Guide! I am pretty scared, especially after training yesterday when we were told of all the pressures put upon us. I am on the third floor of the library, and I just heard Mike underneath me saying, "Down there is the circulation desk... that is where you can check out books, movies..." Ha.

That is going to be me! but I need to sign up for walk a longs... oh dear. I could have done that today had I not been sleeping.

I can not let up, I don't knowp why this day has been so difficult to get into.
Maybe I need caffiene... Or... at least a Naked juice, because I don't feel like going all the way back to Coopers.

GRAH!

Soua gave me a bag of movie theather pop corn last night, which I ate while checking my facebook, trying NOT to go to bed at nine thirty. Now there are pop corn husks all over my computer.

Ooops.

Back to work.

1 comment:

Mnemosyne said...

I cannot understand the difficulty you're having in finishing The Odyssey. It's such a good read!
Although, The Picture of Dorian Gray was my favorite from Lib. Letters.

Apples help to wake you up--there's today's tip for beating the mid-work sleepies. :)