Monday, January 12, 2009

It is easier to call Chicken home than Chase Chicken home

I wish I could blog as much as Ali...

Hey guys! I am home! Oh how I love it!

I had hoped to get back right at noon when the dorm opened, but we didn't even get out of the house until after noon, then after a few visits to my dad's friends we didn't get here until around four. Kathleen met up with me right away, and after a quick good bye to my dad I was here again. The dissonance wasn't as profound this time, though I had had plenty of time to fall into a slow, easy going Ogilvie life style.

Maybe it's a good thing. In just three weeks of break, I feel like I have acclimated myself to myself. I think that the two planes of my existence have clicked together in a way that works, and I am ok with it.

I AM Lily Morris!
haha...

I was so happy to see my friends, and to sleep in my bed... even though it does crinkle when I move.

Yesterday morning I had a ... tense discussion with my already stressed out Mother. I was a basket case because I wasn't ready to leave, and I had done nothing productive. The fact that my phone bill was going to be over due, and that I hadn't ordered books yet was also a disturbance.

Now, life is magnificent. I got most of my books this morning, and there is nothing to worry about at all. :) Everything is going to happen in the best way.

So yesterday when I was stressing, I picked up some clothes from the hall bench at random. When I looked at what I'd grabbed, there was my Queen shirt! I've been looking for that shirt for months! Then, when I had nearly forgotten about it, there it was. Metaphor for life?

We have chickens at home, a nice little flock. At night when it is time for the chickens to go into the coop, sometimes they don't want to. It is very vital that they DO go into the coop so that they won't get eaten by skunks and weasels and raccoons, so we NEED to get them in. Sometimes we get frustrated and try to herd them into the coop, which more often than not sends them cackling deeper into the woods. However, when we hold still and call them, they'll walk right in with no hassle.

In regards to this, my mom once said, "It is easier to call Chicken home than chase Chicken home."

Therefore, in life we must not try to rush things, or force things to happen even if we know very well it is out of our control. If we just let go, the Universe, (or God) will provide for us.

:)



No comments: