Thursday, January 29, 2009

End the Silence, Stop the Violence!

Again, I spent an evening living out all my college dreams.

Spur of the moment, Jenny and I asked Erin if we could go with her to the Queer Womyn's march in Uptown to support a woman who got attacked and beaten recently for being a lesbian. Oh my goodness.

This is what I read about in newspapers at Double JJs on Summer afternoons, and I hoped and hoped and hoped that one day, I could be part of that... and then, there I was!

At one point, Sweet Pea (From Lili's Burlesque Review) Was speaking, and she told us to close our eyes, and imagine the white light gathered around all of us there. Hundreds of us. I closed my eyes, and I felt it. I was there!

Yes, I was stupid and I didn't wear warm socks or bring a hat... but that mild discomfort has passed. It was SO GREAT!

Erin and Ani brought us to their apartment and we got to meet their cat Charlie, it was wonderful to see a cat! :) then we met their land lord and went to the march.

I really don't know how to express how amazing it was! Finally, I am a part of something!

1 comment:

Jennifer Salome said...

So much awesomeness.
College is amazing. <3 <3 <3