Saturday, March 21, 2009

Fame

I was just on Yahoo! and there was an ad for credit scores or something. It was using the image of George Washington... and I got to thinking.

Many people want to be famous, but did George Washington want that? Was he a kid my age thinking to himself, "Golly-gee, I sure hope that I can be famous some day." No. At least I don't think so. He just had goals for himself, and was in the right place at the right time. It is selfish to aspire to fame and fame alone.

Someday, if I keep to my own goals, if I graduate with a degree in History, go on to Law, get involved in politics, then maybe my image will be recognized... or maybe it won't... or maybe I will decide that I don't want to go into law or politics, that I want to marry a glass blower and live on a commune... So what?

Ok... So I still have a hard time accepting my unfame... but... whatever.

Today is our last day in Nebraska. I don't like it. While I am looking forward to getting back to school, where I have motivation and can get things done, it has been far too nice out here.

We get to see the play today. Finally! after all this anticipation. I am looking forward to it, though word on the street is that it's not their best work. We'll have to see for ourselves.

No comments: