Thursday, March 12, 2009

Priorities...

Things I want to do:
* Listen to Miles Davis
* Read Watchmen so I can figure out WHY people like the Comedian and Rorshauch so much
* Draw

Things I have to do:
* Write 4 pages on the historical events that occurred during Anne Moody's life
* Read at least 50 or so pages of Dorian Gray ( <3 style="color: rgb(0, 0, 153);">)
* Do laundry
* Clean

Things I wish I had done and now am regretting:
* Gone bowling with Augsburg Recovery

So.
This is where I stand. A side of me wants to say, "well... you HAVE to do laundry anyway, why not read Watchmen? But I can't because I have to read Dorian Gray, which makes me joyous... but ... Watchmen?

THen the paper. It will be a good paper. It's about a STORY. A story and how a woman's life was influenced by her time and history. That's what I want to DO for a living. This paper should be a breeze.

And I regret...
Ever since Jeff spoke at the Student Senate meeting a few weeks ago, I have been interested in possibly being involved with his group, Augsburg Recovery. The group is a way for Step-up to be connected with the rest of campus and for students who want to have fun on Thursday nights without resorting to drugs and alcohol, and they have a bunch of cool things planned. Tonight they went bowling. All week I have been thinking about how much fun it would be to go bowling, how I like it, and how it would be a way to meet new people... but I am shy. I use that as an excuse, as well as, "Well... I won't know anyone ... so it will be awkward." Which completely defeats the point of "meeting new people."

Today before dinner, Jeff asked me if I was going... and I had to say no. I felt awful, because I would have at least known Jeff! Sure, I have a ton to do anyway... but I could have done it afterwards... (no I couldn't have) but... I just feel like I should have gone.

That's what's eating me right now.

I promised to keep you informed on the Senate's decisions of last night. I won't go into extensive detail (my 13 pages of notes do that well enough) but in the end Asac and Kaug were both recommissioned with some stipulations, and I think Link got chartered. The meeting lasted until 11:23pm.

Don't tell anyone, but I secretly really enjoy long meetings.

No comments: