Sunday, March 1, 2009

Last Run-Out!

Are my blogs too big? I think they might be... I get long winded.

I JUST returned from the LAST Gospel Praise run-out this morning. Now our next gig isn't until the 29th at the Dakota, and that kind of makes me sad. Brian and I swapped trumpets for the second service today. It is almost trumpet sacrilege, but he had a Stradivarius, and I a Xeno, and we wanted to experience the difference. The Strad was lighter, and quicker to respond, but I still love the full, sweet sound of my Xeno better.

(I just smelled my bar of Patchouli soap... it DOES kind of smell like mold.)

In a few minutes, Jenny, Elspeth, Onike and I are going to go to the Electric Fetus. I have not been to the Minneapolis one yet, and I am pretty excited. I also plan on buying presents... for myself and others.

Then, I had thought of adventuring on my own, but I don't think that will happen. By the time we get back from the Fetus, it will probably be time for me to settle down with Galileo and Coming of Age in Mississippi for the rest of the night. I think I am ok with that... so far.

I got home from Duluth/Superior last night around six. We left Friday afternoon, and got up there in time to pick up Sara in Superior, and then eat a quick dinner at Erbert and Gerberts (Better than Jimmy Johns because they let you keep the guts of your sandwich. Jimmy Johns throws it away!!! THE BEST PART) Then we went to the Vagina Monologues. The actresses were all on script, which is understandable, but also off putting. Regardless, I enjoyed the show thoroughly. Alan took Sara and I back to Superior afterwards, and then he rejoined his Duluth friends.

The evening was pretty relaxed. I met some of Sara's friends, and then we tried to talk to a ghost. I was really tired and just thought great thoughts to myself. Some ALMOST creepy things happened, but I wasn't worried.

It was at least one, maybe two by the time we got back to Sara and Julia's dorm. We ate some birthday cake, and the next thing I knew I was waking up in the morning... Half on Sara's bed, glasses still on my face. Sara fell asleep on the floor. Had we put any planning into it at all, we all would have slept comfortably... but instead, I was cramped, and Sara was cold.

Before Alan picked me up, Sara and I had a deep conversation, just like we always do. It was wonderful to see her.

Alan, being the AWESOME friend that he is, let me go home for a little bit too. I had to get a financial aid form signed, and see my home and parents. That made me quite happy. Now I think I will be able to last until I get to next see them again... which is undetermined.

I watched Amelie last night. Over Christmas a FEW years ago, Jeanne and Rita had insisted that I watch it, but I fell asleep. Finally getting to see it in its entirity made me so happy! I wrote Rita a late night letter just to express how moved I was.

Then today happened, and we're back where we started.

No comments: