Friday, February 27, 2009

Animal Fur

The title means nothing, but doesn't it sound cool? "Animal Fur." Or even the words by themselves, "Animal" Is a happy word, it rolls off of your tongue and makes you think of all the great creatures in our world... some of them even have "Fur." That just makes me happy. I made a list of words in Groven's class yesterday. The other one was "Phenomenal."

I am in the Student Senate office again. I can't believe I haven't blogged since Tuesday! I have had much inspiration, but not enough time I guess. A man just came to the door to ask where orientation was, and I pointed him-hopefully- in the right direction of undergraduate admissions. I told him to take a right at the top of the stairs... and I realize now that will lead him to Coopers. It reminds me of my tour, when I did the same thing. I came in through the doors down here by the Auggie Nest, and I had to ask for help. I am pretty sure it was Mike Grewe's office that I poked my head into, and he showed me up stairs. It's easy to get nostalgic and think of the New World magic of my pre-college days. It will never be like that ever again... but I do suppose I wouldn't want to do it over.

It would be tedious to go over every day since Tuesday in detail... but I can at least say that the Student Senate Meeting on Wednesday was nice. It was held in the Century room, and not that many people made it, due to Ash Wednesday. The meeting itself was short, I took good notes, and I drank a Dirty Polar Bear from Coopers. I think I have roughly 5 signatures on my petition for Sophomore Senator. I don't know if I mentioned this, but I am running, and apparently a lot of people in my year are running too. I still think I stand a chance. Especially if I campaign.

Thursday was only yesterday! Big Day. I took my Odyssey test in the Honor's Suite in the morning, and then I went back to my room after finding a BEAUTIFUL "Still Life With Woodpecker" reference in the Echo Horoscopes. I called my mom, and even she didn't remember who Bernard Mickey Wrangle was! So I am pretty sure that joke made sense to a total of two people on campus: Me and Colin, three if you count Sam.

I wish I could devote more time to "Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas." Q-Jo is still missing, and Gwen is about to meet that crazy stalk market guy with the esparagus and the Nommo Card. OooOooOo! I really love Tom Robbins. He would be quite the man to know.

Right now, I am listening to "How to Disappear Completely" by Radiohead. I can easily see this album, and the others by Radiohead that I have finally ripped onto my computer becoming the soundtrack of this era of my life. OH! And how appropriate! For once a group for my era FROM my era.

This is the first Radiohead song I consciously listened to. Fred showed it to me that Friday a couple weeks back.

It makes me feel good.

:)

Returning to yesterday... I went back to my room and watched Wednesday's episode of Lost, which was satisfying, but not as mind blowing as last week. Ofcourse not. For the record I still think I am on team Ben.

I drug myself out of my room, and walked all the way to Oren for Writing, only to find out it had been canceled. In the interim hour and a half I decided to wallow in introversion, so I went to Murphey's grill, and got some chicken strips, which I ate while looking out the window at the cars, and people traveling through the heavy snow. It was very peaceful, and I was able to write down some thoughts.

Classes were cancelled at three, but the whole jazz band showed up anyway. We played through a few songs and were done.

After that, Tad and I helped Kathleen fix her trunk, which entailed us watching her discover that she didn't really need help. Then we went to dinner. Even though I was still sated from my chicken strips, I tried to force myself to eat a salad... which wasn't fun. When I was done with dinner, I was very full, but I went with Jenny and Ben to the Lucky Dragon on Riverside. That was enjoyable.

Finally, with the day finished, and no pressing obligations, I met Kathleen at Ruth's, and we drank hot-chocolate and watched Home Alone 2 on Tv. It was a wonderful evening.

Alan is coming today, and we are going to Duluth! That will be great.

1 comment:

Mnemosyne said...

You're running for Student Government? Awesome! I considered it, because Sam is running for Pres., as you know, but then I decided against it. Good for you, though, Lily! I'll tell everyone to vote for you. :)