Friday, February 20, 2009

SCHOLARSHIP FRIDAY!

Well, today is the Friday of Scholarship weekend. One year ago I was here, I was lost, nervous, and exhilarated... It's Friday already, but there is still much to do. I have my day planned out on a note card in red and black ink. I mean business. So far I have done everything on the list, except do laundry, but I found clothes anyway, so all is well.

Finishing papers makes me very happy, and not just finishing them but proof reading and editing them TWICE and then having the satisfaction of stapling them together and putting them in the folder ready to be turned in. This is especially grand after laboring over it for 3 hours the night before. Mmm. It feels good. I know that this particular paper isn't very good at all, but it's finished! I need to stop settling for acceptable... but I'll do that later.

Passive voice does not make me happy. In High School, Ms. Swenson pretty much beat the passive voice out of me. She said that I was REALLY bad, but by the time I graduated I got better, but now I get papers back with angry "P's" written all over them. ... That's what I was struggling with last night. I couldn't figure out how NOT to be passive. So that was frustrating.

... I think I might be looking forward to today. It will be fun... I just hope that my Hostee won't hate me. Lllllots to do. After this I am going to our trumpet sectional, and I might practice a little before that, because I need to get into that habit, then I have to go to admissions and be a runner for three hours. At four I pick up Laura-my hostee- and then I take people to dinner. I don't know what tonight is going to be like. I fear that I am a rather boring person, who likes to go to bed early and do otherwise boring things.

Tomorrow I get to serve on the Honor's panel, and do some other Admissions running, and then it's done. *sigh.

There have been many other things happening lately, but I don't know what to write about, so I will finish with this lamentation for dear Emmanuel in Superior:

NEXT week, Alan and I are going to Duluth to see some of his friends and the Vagina Monologues. I told Sara because that means I will be able to see her, and she told Emmanuel. HOORAY! However, She believed that I would be coming TODAY, which is false... hopes and dreams were crushed, and sadness ensued. Even I was so heartbroken by this misunderstanding that I dreamed of Superior last night! I dreamed of Emmanuel, even though we've never met! Isn't that beautiful?

Awww...


1 comment:

Emmanuel said...

Indeed it is beautiful!