Thursday, March 19, 2009

Hail Nebraska

Look at me! 3:24 in the AM. I am awake. Awake. Alert. Caffeinated.

I think I am redeveloping my sensitivity to Caffeine. Perfect timing eh? 7 months into my college career... or maybe it is just allergies... but that means that I have allergies... ugh.

Well, I am in Nebraska! I have been since Friday. Kathleen, Tad and I left after our classes around twelve thirty, and drove 7 hours out here. Since then we have been eating GOOD food, and hanging out with cool people, and having an all around GREAT time.

We went to the Omaha Zoo on Saturday, and I wish I would have blogged about that earlier, because now, at this hour, and this state of mind, all I can think of to say is that, "it was cool." My favorite parts were the Tapirs, and the QUOKKAS! (I had to end this blog last night because I got distracted to look up what the were. All we could remember was that they ended with an "Ah" sound, and that they looked like they were part rabbit, kangaroo and squirrel. We also discovered what "Pademelons" are too!

So, we dropped off Dylan around 6am this morning, and then we went to bed. It actually took me a while to fall asleep though, because I had a whole can of Rockstar in me. That stuff is terrible. My mind raced through so many thoughts. I planned out the rest of my life.

After Law school, I am going to become an apprentice of a glass blower in Ohio to learn that trade. Perhaps I will do some research on the side... meanwhile, I will fall in love with an attractive young artist and live happily ever after. Sound like a good deal? I think so.

The rest of today was mellow. ... Especially since I slept until one. I haven't been reading Dorian Gray, and what I did read of the Introduction just made me mad. I have made a lot of progress in Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas, and I really enjoy it. A lot.

Now? ... I should type the senate minutes. blah.

No comments: