Friday, March 20, 2009

Ribs!!!

I had ribs for lunch today. Kathleen, Lauren and I went to Whiskey Creek, and it was delicious. I also got a sweet potato which was fantastic.

Last night we wasted 7 hours. After dinner we watched TransAmerica. We liked it, and then... I spent about an hour trying to find an Oregon Trail Deluxe emulator, but only got the original... Kathleen and Tad Drowned, and I think I got Typhoid. Someday, I guess I will have to buy the Deluxe version for my computer, then it will be just like my young days when Ashley and I played it over and over and over...

Then I chatted on Facebook, and eventually watched the last half of Jesus Camp with Kathleen on her computer, and the first part of "Because the Bible tells me so" which was a documentary on homosexuality and Christianity.

It made me quite upset.

Today we got up earlyish and ran errands. I bought ANOTHER Tom Robbins book. "Wild Ducks Flying Backward." I hope it isn't possible to read too much Tom Robbins. It would be awful to start hating him. Awful. I also hope that Kathleen enjoys him. It would be ever so embarrassing.

Now we are watching Sonny with James Franco in it. He is a very good looking man.

Hooray!

2 comments:

Evan Ryan said...

One of my friends, who happens to be gay, watched "Because The Bible Tells Me So" when it was in town. She said that it was very upsetting as well. I really wish I would have gone with her.

Cheers,
Evan

Mnemosyne said...

Tell me why you enjoyed TransAmerica. I had high hopes for the film, but found myself a little disappointed. I didn't feel as emotionally tied to what's-her-face as much as, say, Brandon Teena in Boys Don't Cry.