Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Buyer's Remorse

Egads! I am using the my sacred Library Basement Study Space for something that isn't getting anything DONE!

And with my two page letter to Ms. Swenson after practicing, I am not coming out ahead work wise... But you know? ... Let me live my own life ok?

Today I was able to go to Shipping and Receiving to get my two packages. I knew what they were and I was excited; my lap top sleeve, and a metronome. When I ordered the lap top sleeve I was already wary, because it said it would fit a 15" computer... well... Computers don't generally come in 15" they come in 15.4" like mine, so I figured they were just rounding down for space's sake. WELL... It is in fact a tight squeeze, and I wish it wasn't so. It will certainly do... but I am kicking myself for being too superficial to settle on a cheaper, plain case that I knew would fit... But no, I wanted polka dots.

The metronome was a sound purchase, though it's a cheap, flimsy one, it will serve it's use well for now.

The back pack wasn't necessary though. I bought that on Monday. I figured that the one I had was too big to be practical. It was good for weekends, but papers got lost, and book corners got crumpled in it's gaping mass. Also, the zipper had come loose from the bag itself, so I was concerned about my books' safety in the rain... SO, I went to the bookstore and bought an aesthetically pleasing back pack, simple in design, practical in size... AAAAAND... I should have gotten the brown one... yes, because I am vain. "I don't OWN anything purple!" ... but I guess purple is a nice, happy color... whatever the case, I'm going to have to live with it.

I liked my morning. My alarm went off when I set it to, FIVE minutes earlier than usual (I wanted to see if 5 minutes could make a difference) and it caught my dreaming mind off gaurd. Thinking about that now, I really do wonder if it was because of the five minutes or not... I had been dreaming that Marrta and I had joined the Coast Gaurd, and it was our first day... it was in Ogilvie. It was really hard, and I was doubting my sanity, and at the end of the day they gave us all a Truth Serum. Knowing I had nothing to hide, I was ok with it, but it was still interesting. In the dream it caused crazy hallucinogenic effects, and I couldn't drive home.

ALARM!

Off to the shower I went. After turning it on, I waited for it to get warm, and waited, and waited, and waited... I got out to check another shower stall, and Megan (I think?) came out and said, "Nope, they're all cold." AWESOME! Everyone was highly irked by this, but I thought it was swell. I got in and out right quick, and afterwards was highly refreshed and rejuvenated.

Even though I was already alert, I had one of those caffeinated Hot Cocoa drinks at breakfast, and was nice and jittery by Scholar Citizen.

Before heading to the library, I'd planned on stopping by the Center for Counseling and Health Promotion, because though I am feeling fantastic now, I want to accustom myself to the place so that when I am freaking out, it will be easier for me to get help. It worked into my schedule perfectly; Stop by, and then go to the library until band... but a sign on their door said, "Back at One." That works wonders for one's mental health doesn't it! Good think I'm not having a bad day, or that could have been disasterous.

I am sure it would be fine.

Now I sit here... contemplating my next plan of action... I don't really WANT to take action, but i know that I must. The only reason I brought Dante here was so I could use his new sleeve... and to blog... but now he's going to be here as a portal to Facebook, and the rest of the universe. Bad? Maybe I can look up Romania on the UN site, and realize that Romania was a poor choice, even though I want to learn more about it before I go there this spring, from what we've looked at in class, it doesn't do all that much as far as the Commission on Sustainable Development goes.

Hopefully it actually does, and if it doesn't, I'll do Tanzania, because that's where Freddie Mercury was from.

Speaking of which, I made an accidental pun at breakfast this morning:

(After I didn't know that a guy was from System of a Down)
Lily: Oh, he's just a guy from a band, if it had been a famous world ruler I would have felt inadaquate
Mike: JUST a band??? It's System of a Down!
Lily: Meh. I don't pay that much attention to them... ask me anything about Queen on the other hand, and I might be more sucessful!

Evan: Oh Really?! (He ponders a question.)
Lily: Oh no, now I'm Under Pressure.

HAHAAHAHAAHA!