Sunday, October 5, 2008

Comfy Pants

It was most definitely a comfy pants day today... Indeed.

Sadly however, since returning from the library I have lost the inspiration to blog... funny how the thought of it distracted me for the hour and a half I was there, and now that it's available I'd rather go to bed.

My weekend started on Friday after our rescheduled Scholar Citizen class. That was at ten ten am, and because I am not part of the Rhapsody in Blue group in band, I didn't have to go. Instead of starting to work on my masses of homework, I fell into despair and took a nap. Josh called at around four, and after joining him we went to the Mall of America. We then embarked on a fruitless quest to find a winter jacket for him. A winter jacket that at once was practical, warm and still sleek and professional.

No avail. There were some prospective winners, but to buy anything new at a mall is $200 plus. My own jacket/coat obessession is easily satisfied with frequent trips to thriftstores. Despite our ill luck, the Mall was still an adventure. Sometime maybe when Sara and/or Nicole visit me I want to go back to Ragstock and try on ridiculous Halloween costumes.

On Saturday... Oh Yes! Saturday was the DFL Founders Day Celebration, and though I hadn't originally planned on attending (I was going to be studious) I went anyway. It was a lot of fun, with a whole bunch of prominent speakers that re-vamped my love for community action (even though I still have no outlet, and don't plan to for the sake of my mental health.) Mostly it was a big plug to get Al Franken elected as State Senator, which I'm all right with. The icing on the cake of course, was Al Gore, who spoke last. Al Gore! I was just a few rows in front of the "Best President we should have had" in Northrop Auditorium... I was there.

It was cool.

And Josh was on Tv... Just him and not me... which is strange.

On the way back to Augsburg we went to the Weisman Art Gallery. I hadn't been there before and it was really neat. My favorite part would have to have been the Citizen exhibit. I forgot the actual title, but they had pictures of people. People. You know? Especially two photographs of women, one was a Share-cropper's wife, and the other a wife of a miner. Things like that really get me. I like photography.

There was also a HUGE Painting of a Chicken production barn, that as you walked towards made you feel as if you were actually walking down the aisle. It was done in the sixties, and I thought that it was pretty awesome.

From there back to Augsburg, and from Augsburg Downtown. We made it just in time for "Eagle Eye," which was highly enjoyable. Even though they don't allow trucks in tunnels, the armed van truely was there, (no way?!) F isn't the same on a trumpet and a saxophone, and that boy would have DEFINITELY noticed that there was a sonic transmitter-bomb detonater- lodged into his lead pipe. He couldn't have played an F if he'd wanted to! That's my rant... It was still a good movie, I just had to share.

Finally today was much slower. After sleeping in we went to Target, and finally found a good warm coat. Then we ate lunch at Pizza Luce (It's no wonder I've gained 5 pounds!) By this time it was mid afternoon, and I had work to do, so Josh went on his way and I bent under the pressure.

Luckily, it didn't take me long to pull myself together, and the study session with Kathy and Catia was highly productive. At least I think so. It helps to speak things out loud and connect the ideas in your head. Hopefully I'll remember. I don't want to reenact my History Mid-term.

I need to figure out a better morning routine. One that involves eating breakfast and being awake BEFORE the end of World Politics.

No comments: