Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I see a Rainbow!

I just ate a bowl of sweet and sour chicken with rice, a salad with noodles, a bowl of cereal, AND a burger... Given the opportunity, I'd probably eat more.

Significance? Uncertain... but right now I do feel pretty satiated. My room is cool, Beethoven's Minuet for Piano in G is playing, and I am sipping some of the "Morning Blend" Juice that I bought at the Seward co-op yesterday (To ward off Scurvey.)

I thought that today was really good, I am calm and I know that I shouldn't be. How much better life would be if all classes started after 9. That ONE hour would work wonders. Before class this morning I called my dad because I was really excited for my first performance. It had just struck me that it was a "performance" and that was really neat. I got out of Christian Vocation early, and then played with the brass choir for the opening of the Colloquium. I then stayed after our playing to hear the speaker, Martha Stotz. My mind did wander (it has been doing that a lot lately) But from what I did listen to, it was a good presentation. Very Lutheran.

In my small bit of downtime then, I went back to my room and read some of Twilight and cleaned. I didn't want to set myself to any task that would require time and concentration only to be interupted by History at 1:30. ... Upon arriving to class I was informed that it was cancelled for today... So I COULD have been doing something productive... Instead of wasting time going back to my room, I sat in the band locker area and read the history reading for Thursday.

Jazz band was fun, but it felt like it lasted a lot longer than usual.

Later tonight I am going with Jenny to Stitch and Bitch, and from there it's off to the student lounge to watch the debate.

I still have quite a bit to write in my paper, but like I said, I am a lot calmer than I should be... which is worrisome.

Sorry that this blog isn't one of rollicking adventure.

No comments: