Friday, October 17, 2008

Feats of Engineering Genius

Soua and I just conquered her bed frame. HA! It did not stand a chance! She wanted it higher so that she could fit stuff under it. We had some shaky moments, but we came through. Now if we ever do my bed we'll know how. Later this year we're going to bunk them so we'll have an entire living room, it will be great. My bed corner is clean for the weekend... but I can't see my desk.

It was a rough morning today. Last night, I was in the library for no less than five and a half hours. It took me FIVE hours to read the chapter for World Politics... That seems like a long time... provided I was on the internet for a little while, and I took a break in between to read about Richard and Bunny in The Secret History. Bunny's a dink, and I don't care that he dies (not a spoiler, the first page says so) but at the same time I really really like him... I like that book so much better than Twilight! MmmmMMmm Brain food!

At a little after Eleven, Jenny and I decided to go to Hard Times because I was most definitely going slightly mad. We played checkers, ate a muffin and drank orange juice. I really like that place. Even at midnight it's filled with all kinds of cool looking patrons (And the Barrista looked like Bob Dylan.) By the time we got back, and I'd finished talking to Nicole, it must have been past one, I had planned on doing some Romania research, but I conked.

My frog pajamas are awesome.

Normally I would have woken up at 6:40, showered, gotten ready in time for break fast and gone to class, but instead I just pulled on pants and a sweatshirt and went to class five minutes before it started. I was TIRED. Luckily I was still pretty alert in class.

WEEKEND!

I sat in the coffee shop area until a little after ten reading International Relations. It took me about an hour to read 10 pages... Why does that seem so ridiculous? It's Just TEN pages! After that I started writing down terms and definitions for chapter 6. I WILL come out better on the next exam. I WILL.

Now I need to go to the Honor's Lounge where we're meeting about the trip to Texas (another reason why I need to stay caught up.) Then I am going to walk to the passport place on the U campus and apply for a passport. I've already put that off for too long and now I just hope it will go through in time.

Hopefully I'll be back in time to do some more reading ("Don't worry, it will only take you about 2 hours to read Mark!" Good thing we've got to read Luke too...) Then at three thirty I get to relax in the Women's Resource Center for a showing of Persepolis (woo hoo!) and then at six I am off for the weekend to Montevideo.

Hooray!

No comments: