Friday, October 31, 2008

There must be something to it

I find myself back on my bed, alone and sulking, contemplating my next move.

In the college survival guide that Hank gave me last summer, there's a chapter on relationships, and a sub chapter on long distance relationships... long story short, that chapter is my life.

SO... That's where I am right now.

Yesterday sucked bad, and now I am just introverted. I drug myself out today to go to the bank, and that was fun. I remember coming here for Honors weekend and taking in the shock of being a minority at Cub foods. I had the same experience at the bank, but in my last couple months here, it's not a shock anymore, and that's really cool. After the bank I walked to the Seward Co-op... I imagined as I walked the sidewalk with a troubled look in my eyes, this phase in my life as a short story. It is a beautiful day out, I wouldn't have needed my coat.

I splurged a bit at the Co-op, and bought granola, lemonade, Pirate's Booty, and a case of the kind of Ginger ale Rita had in Seattle last summer. I carried the Ginger Ale in my hand, and it looked like beer... no body stopped me on the way into Urness though. I am drinking some now, and it's delicious. I don't remember especially liking it in Seattle, but it is REALLY gingery. It warms my throat.

There were hats and mittens at Seward... I want some... but I shouldn't spend money... Maybe mom will get me a presant when she comes tomorrow.

I can't believe I have spent my whole day in my room. I went to class this morning, but when I got back I slept until twelve thirty, and dreamed of Halloween and wild bunnies.

It's Halloween... I really wish I would have dressed up. Like I always say, Next year.

Tonight I am going to St. Paul to visit Visser, and we're going to get our Chipolte burritoes.

Tomorrow Mom is coming to comfort me, and after Pep band, I am going to go with her to New London for a Party at Bill and Jenna's (Yenna?) If I DO actually get to go, it will probably be boring, because adult parties always are... I'll probably end up off in a corner of a room reading a book by lamplight, and listening to the conversations and jam music. That's what I'm looking forward to.

Then I need to get back to Augsburg so I can play in Jazz band on Sunday... even though in all of this I preached my need for weekends and "down time" that doesn't really look likely to happen no matter what does it.

I skipped History yesterday... I am behind in World Politics... I have so much to do. I didn't face it yesterday, instead Marrta, Andrew and I watched National Treasure... which, just like She's the Man was a really nice break. I'll get caught up again no doubt.

I can't find it on youtube, but I like this song by Great Big Sea. It's called "Something To It" and it feels appropriate:

I'm sorry if I ruined your day
I really hope that you'll understand
I'm a million miles away, looking for a place to land.
My father phoned me yesterday
your time has come
well done my son.
Tried to think of what to say
when words can heed already gone

I don't know how I got here,
there must be something to it
I think I need some time alone
to work my way through it

THe moon is in the sky tonight
not very warm but it sheds some light
Ask me now and I just might let
the morning come and tell me if it's right

I don't know how I got here,
there must be something to it
I think I need some time alone
to work my way through it

Initial bliss will pass
this precious time might be your last
Like dew upon th morning grass
good intentions can vanish with the sun

I'm sorry if I ruined your day
I really hope that you understand
I'm a million miles away
looking for a place to land.

No comments: