Thursday, September 25, 2008

At the End of the day, you just have to say it's All Right

I really wish that by the time I got to blogging I could be as deep and as thoughtful as I am when I'm THINKING about blogging.

So where do I begin? AUGSBURG is an amazing place, and I am in love with it. LOVE I tell you.

For one, I REALLY like the bricks here.

For another, How ELSE would Peter Yarrow of Peter, Paul and Mary have kissed my forehead?

This morning when I woke up I decided I'd wear my Snape shirt. I was pretty excited, even though it makes me feel like I'm really a gloomy person. Just about everyone who comments on it starts saying, "Snape, Snape, Severus Snape," Which makes me happy. So, Snape Shirt +1 mood points.

I got up with enough time to shower, AND eat a big breakfast because I knew I'd miss lunch. Hygeine and Nourishment +2

The discussion in Christian Vocation was actually in depth and heated at times! The time passed really fast and even though I wasn't caught up in the reading, it was GREAT. I didn't chime in as much as I would have liked, but that's ok. +2.

Peter Yarrow was doing a sound check as I was on my way to Augsem. I was quite sad that I would not be able to attend his concert... BUT THEN Rain threatened, so our Augsem went to the concert.

Here's Peter Yarrow, who's played for MASSES of people, Peace Protests, Civil Rights Rallies, Anti-Vietnam Protests, out side in the rain in our little Auggie court yard playing for a scattered handful of people. I'd like to attribute my thorough glee throughout the rest of the day to him. Perhaps he just really has such great energy that It fueled my happiness. On the piece of notebook paper he signed, he drew a peace sign, followed by "love." Peace and Love. He was a hippie. It made me realize that you can spread peace and love to anyone with out having to carry out the general hippie stereotypes of drugs and promiscuity. I will pass on the love. That will be my mission.

...

I got my Great Train Robbery Quiz back, and as expected I got a 24 out of 24. (+1 Glee). We have an exam coming soon, and of that I am a bit wary. There's an exam in World Politics too. (-1 Glee). (Total: 0 Glee).

For dinner, Ben, Jenny and I walked to the Subway in the Emergency room across the street. Sadly, I wasn't craving Subway as much as I had been, so the joy was kind of lost.(+1 for subway. -1 for no craving...)

Afterwards they went to get Coldstone, but bailed because of social tensions, and instead looked at Sculptures with Andrew. One of his friends was wearing a KVSC Trivia T-shirt, so I asked him about it. He told me that he's on a team, and that they do really well. I asked if I could somehow get in on that, he said that yes, he's trying to get as many as possible! What team? Loose Meat Sandwiches. I've been hearing that name for years! Will I really be part of it? Let's just hope that my brain will be so saturated with trivia by February that I will be a strong asset... and not just dead weight.

Dust of the Encyclopedias! Sort my Mental Floss!

Sculptures: +1
Trivia In: +1
Loose Meat Sandwiches: +1

Then, at the end of the day I went to the Augsburg Feminist meeting. At first I was apprehensive, because ALL of the groups here are so small, but the people there were a lot of fun, and I think it will prove to be a good time.

I am not going to tally my points, but I think it goes without saying that my Mood Is Great.

No comments: