Sunday, September 28, 2008

wEeKeNd!

It's exactly four o'clock on a Sunday, and as far as my body is concerned, it could be 9:00 am on Tuesday.

I didn't get out of bed until it was nearly one, which is almost forgivable considering I didn't GO to bed until 3am.

Life is good. I am growing up... or at least "Growing In," to this. College, with it's dorms, and food plans, libraries, classes and social circles was like a pair of pants too wide and too long that I bought anyway because I needed pants and knew I would grow into them. Good analagy?

Maybe not, but I think it's appropriate. Little girl from Ogilvie comes to big city and is suddenly lost in it all. Scurrying from place to place, stumbling and getting upset... well, now I just might be getting a handle on it. I'm styling my too big jeans... in a way.

It was Saturday night. Marrta couldn't get into her room, and we didn't want to resign to a night of monotony. We tried the library, but studying on a saturday must be illegal, because the library closed at seven! So we went up to floor seven and found some people who were on their way to a party.

College party. I drug myself to it warily, hoping that it wouldn't involve drinking and badness, because I didn't want to get involved, but it turned out to be my kind of party, even though I didn't really know all the people that well. We hung out and talked, ate brownies and then played Scattergories. (Animal, starts with D. "Dromedary." That's right. Love me Ben. Love me.)

After that we decided to go to First Avenue, and again, I was wary. I didn't know what to expect, and I didn't want to be in a situation that I would regret. First Avenue. It was like the scary dance parties at the Renaissance Festival on the last weekend. Only this time I wasn't 14 and terrified. I had a really great time. At one point I was touched by a strange man, which I had been warned of ahead of time. We only could stay for an hour, so we could catch the train back without having to walk through scary neighborhoods.

Fun Fun Fun.

At twoish we went to the Hard Times Cafe for liquids and foods. That place is beautiful. I plan on spending a lot more time there, considering that it looks and smells like home. Happy.

Today as you know, I slept too late, and now must study. The library might be the best place to do that but I don't feel like leaving my room (which I kind of cleaned today!)

Eventually.

I can't remember if I have expressed this, but I have been having the greatest time listening to angsy-boy-punk-rock on Pandora. In one way it brings me back to my hormonal transition time of Early High School, but in this weird new way it's celebrating my NEW transition time. It's weird. Angry boys singing about infatuations, and angst... It really pumps me up.

The sun is coming out.
Half an hour till dinner... though it feels like breakfast... then off to study for the week.
A big, scary week with exams and page after page after page of reading... Sigh.

This concludes another college weekend.

No comments: